Frequently Asked Questions:
It is our goal at Lakeshore Educational & Counseling Services to help you successfully market your organization by offering educational and interactive workshops, with engaging presenters.
If you do not see your question, contact us at 440-963-0402, or e-mail RBalmert@LakeshoreSupport.com for further clarification.
1. How do I begin the process of scheduling a CE workshop?
- Contact Rebecca at Lakeshore. She may be reached at RBalmert@LakeshoreSupport.com, or by calling 440-963-0402. She will ask you the following questions:
- Date, time and location for the workshop
- Name, address, e-mail address and phone number for the contact person
- Topic selection:
- Click on the category title and you will be able to read each description, as well as identify the presenter. A printable copy of the topics is available as well.
- Is the workshop open, or by invitation only?
- If the workshop is open we will help you market by including it on our printed schedule, newsletter and website. If there is a registration, it is handled by the sponsoring organization.
2. What disciplines are we able to provide CE credit for? Are there any fees associated with the application process?
- Social Workers and Counselors:
- Lakeshore Educational & Counseling Services Inc. is an approved provider of professional education for the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board. Each workshop we provide has approval for Social Workers and Counselors.
- The Ohio Nursing Board accepts any program approved by another state regulatory board.
- Nursing Law:
- Applications are made 4-6 weeks prior to the workshop. There is a fee of $50.00.
- Nursing Home Administrators:
- Applications are made to the Board of Executives of Long-Term Services & Supports at no extra charge. BELTSS asks that applications be made 60 days prior to the date of the program.
- Occupational Therapists:
- Applications are made to the Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board. There is a fee of $25.00.The Ohio OTPTAT Board asks that applications be submitted for approval 90 days prior to the workshop.
- Athletic Trainers:
- The fee for Athletic Training CE approval is $25.00 per request. The Ohio OTPTAT Board asks that applications be submitted for approval 90 days prior to the workshop.
- Physical Therapists:
- Applications to the Ohio Physical Therapy Association are $100.00 per topic (1-3 clock hours). OPTA asks that applications be submitted 60 days prior to the workshop.
- Commission for Case Manager Certification:
- Case Manager (CCMC) has a $100.00 charge per topic that goes directly to the Commission. They request a 20 day application window (business days). $125.00 penalty if submitted 10-19 business days. The Board will not accept applications less than 10 business days.
- Funeral Directors:
- Applications are made to the Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors at no extra charge. The Board must receive application for approval before the date of the activity and in time to be presented at the monthly board meeting prior to the date of the activity.
- Other Disciplines:
- Please ask for specific guidelines. Some disciplines may use CE’s approved by other Boards.
Note: Application fees are added to your invoice, but the Board receives the full amount.
3. How do we select a workshop topic?
- We can help! We maintain records regarding workshops scheduled. Therefore, we are able to help you choose a topic that has not been scheduled at a particular hospital, or in the area where the workshop will be held. It is best to have your top 3 topic choices when you call, or e-mail.
4. What is expected of the sponsoring organization prior to the workshop?
- 1-2 weeks prior to the workshop, Rebecca will contact you to confirm workshop details. You will receive a written confirmation prior to this.
5. How do we market the workshop?
- The scheduling organization is responsible to invite their target audience. It is recommended that you prepare a flyer or brochure to mail and pass out to perspective attendees. The more you invite, the greater chance you will have to increase your attendance. Marketing verbiage, topic description, presenter’s bio and speaking needs will be included with the confirmation.
6. What is the best time of day to schedule a workshop?
- It has been our experience that early morning or late afternoon works best, so the work day is not interrupted. The greatest factor contributing to a large response, however, is the number of people invited. Hospital CEU’s are often scheduled during the lunch hour.
7. What is your payment expectation?
- Payment is expected within 30 days of the scheduled workshop, or before. An invoice will be e-mailed when the workshop is scheduled. A check made payable to Lakeshore should be mailed to:
Lakeshore Educational & Counseling Services
5475 Liberty Avenue
Vermilion, Ohio 44089
- Payment arrangements to use Visa, MasterCard or Discover may be made by calling 440-963-0402.
- A 5% penalty will be incurred for late payments (over 30 days).
8. What is the cost?
- Our cost is determined by the instructional hour. $195.00 per hour covers preparation, handouts, time on-site and speaking time.
- A fee of $90.00 covers details related to CE preparation: preparing applications, certificates, sign in forms and storage of records for 7 years.
- Mileage is determined from the point of departure to the point of destination.
- Note: presenters depart from various locations within the Cleveland area, so mileage may vary.
- A travel fee will be added when mileage is over 60 miles (one way).
- Compensation for an overnight stay may be requested with extended travel time.
9. What can Lakeshore do to help us be success?
- Rebecca is able to answer your questions – just ask!
- Judi Fischer, President of Lakeshore Educational & Counseling Services, offers individual and team coaching sessions. Referrals are the Objective coaching covers the following areas: target and focused audiences, marketing strategies, details to have a wonderful event, excellent customer service, how to “WOW” your referral sources, developing internal referrals sources with your team, building relationships, and tracking referral sources. If you have other areas to discuss that’s fine – the coaching session is designed to meet your needs.